- Okambara En-route to Gobabis (Accommodation)
- We will collect your from your Windhoek accommodation at 06.30am. We then drive to a private reserve some 130km from the city to arrive at Okambara Lodge before 9.00 am. After a welcome coffee we leave on a game drive where you have the opportunity of seeing elephant, square-lipped rhino, giraffe and a variety of antelope whilst enjoying the breath-taking scenery and landscape of the region. We return for lunch at the lodge.
- After our activity at Okambara we continue to Gobabis for overnight at Uakii Eco-Guesthouse, a guesthouse own & run by a local entrepreneur.
- Lunch & Dinner included. Please arrange early breakfast at your pre-tour accommodation.
- Kalahari San-Bushmen Village (Camping)
- After an early breakfast we continue the journey to our San-Bushmen Village situated in the eastern Kalahari. On arrival we meet our host family before going to our bush-camp. Weather dependent we depart on an afternoon bush walk with a small clan of Bushmen who will teach, and show us, their hunting skills such as tracking, stalking, fire making and finding underground water roots. The women and men will also teach us about how they gather bush food and other edible plants, where to look for them and how they are used.
- At the end of a busy afternoon we watch the sun setting over the Kalahari whilst dinner is prepared over an open camp fire. After our evening meal we spend the evening stargazing and sharing stories with our hosts, the Bushmen, who will also add to the experience with their dancing and singing.
- Meals: Breakfast, light Lunch & Dinner
Batswana Village visit en-route to Windhoek
- After breakfast we start our journey back to Windhoek.
- The drive takes us via the Historical Batswana Mission village, passing remote communal villages while observing the changing environment of the Kalahari and the harsh conditions these people live in.
- A short stopover will be made in Epukiro Batswana village where our local woman host / guide will accompany us through the village/mission to witness the real life of the Batswana communities in their rural settings (this will be done on foot).
- The village also has shops, schools and a clinic. Whilst here we have the opportunity to experience an exceptional Batswana traditional dance, combining music and their natural dancing rhythm – guests may join in!
- After this wonderful experience we continue our journey back to Windhoek where guests will be dropped off at their accommodation.
Contact your Peaks Of Africa travel specialist on email@example.com or call us on +27117820842 and we will be glad to deliver a lifetime African experience for you.
Contact us at Peaks Of Africa and we can also book flights for you, that is your domestic flights in South Africa, inbound and outbound regional flights in Africa, from Southern, Central, East, West and North Africa, as well as international inbound and outbound flights.