Days 1 – 2 | Victoria Falls (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast + Lunch) 2 Nights
- 1 Night Accommodation at Kingdom Hotel Victoria Falls / similar
- Activities – Sunset Cruise | Tour Of The Victoria Falls | Boma Dinner Experience
- Canoeing & Rafting Day Trip
Days 2 – 8 | Zambezi River Rafting (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast + Lunch) 6 Nights
Day 2 Rafting
- We rise as the sun illuminates the towering walls above, to the smell of bacon and eggs on the fire.
- Then, with all the equipment once more stowed securely for the voyage down stream, and a long day ahead of us , we cast off into a world of exhilarating action and scenes of remarkable beauty.
- Its a hard working evening with two portaging around Moemba Falls.
- We arrive at the Dam site around 4pm where we will have the second portage and camp right by the falls.
Day 3 Rafting (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast + Lunch)
- We will have a relaxed morning, downstream the towering waves of Ghost rider, the biggest commercially run-able roller coaster wave train in the World.
- In the original exploratory trip on the Zambezi one of the rafters opted not to run the rapid and pushed his empty boat off into the current.
- After surviving the Ghost rider rapid it will be the time to open our cooler boxes full of beers and start drinking as we will be drifting down small rapids.
- We get to camp at about 16:00 after travelling about 20 kms.
Day 4 Rafting (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast + Lunch)
- There is no rush on this day and after breakfast, rigging the boats and a late departure from camp, we paddle past a set of small rapids before negotiating a more technical rapid named Asleep At The Wheel, and then drift into camp!
- After departing camp we drift past Fish Eagle’s nests, negotiate rapids – Wave Train, Jay Bay, (similar to Jeffrey’s Bay in South Africa – a popular surfing place), Bismark’s Territory, (home to a particularly large crocodile named Bismark!) and Smugglers Camp.
- This is the biggest fisherman’s village encountered during the 6 day trip and the villagers are happy to show us around, giving us a glimpse at an astonishingly uncomplicated and simple lifestyle, totally free from the modern urban world we left behind some days ago.
Day 5 Rafting (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast + Lunch)
- The river really changes character. Basalt rocks give way to grassy banks and the grunts of vocal hippopotamus carry across the water.
- Our rafts drift past islands in the river, havens for Egyptian Geese and basking crocodiles. After a couple of hours, we rendezvous with our vehicles near the Matetsi River mouth.
- After packing up and deflating the rafts we head back to Victoria Falls by road, having lunch on route.
- The journey back takes about 3 hours. After taking time out to unpack and freshen up, a group dinner and party is always a favorite option
6 – 10 (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast + Lunch) 1 Night
- 4 Nights Victoria Falls Safari Lodge / Similar
- 2 Days Community involvement
- 2 Days Conservation Involvement
- Batoka Gorge Trekking
Days 11 – 15 Set sail Zambezi River Basin – on Lake Kariba (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast + Lunch) 4 Nights
Road transfer to Binga where you will embark on a 3- night river cruising adventure on Zambezi River to Lake Kariba. Enjoy game viewing, fishing and birding.
- The world’s largest artificial lake, Kariba borders Zambia and Matusadona National Park in Zimbabwe. It is a popular holiday destination and its surface is dotted with houseboats.
- 2/3 Nights Sailing in The Kariba House Boats and 1 / 2 Nights Carribea Bay Hotel
- Built right on the water’s edge, Carribea Bay Hotel will be your home for the next three nights. You will also enjoy your first sound of the iconic call of a passing African fish eagle.
- Although Kariba is literally on your doorstep, the lodge has a swimming pool to avoid unexpected encounters with hippos or water monitors!
- The skipper will welcome you on a fishing expedition as well as ride to Fothergill Island, where many of the animals displaced by the building of the lake in the 1960s found a welcome sanctuary.
- End each day with an iced drink, watching the water turn over deeper shades of orange as the sun sets over the horizon.
Days 15 – 21 – Zambezi Adventure (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast + Lunch) 6 Nights
- 1 Nights at A’Zambezi River Lodge
- 3 Day Rafting Trip – includes fishing day at end of rafting days
- 1 Nights at A’Zambezi River Lodge
- Lion & Cheetah Conservation Participation – Zambezi & Mosi A Tunya National Parks / similar
- Batoka Gorge Trekking – Day Tour
Contact your Peaks Of Africa travel specialist on email@example.com or call us on +27117820842 and we will be glad to deliver a lifetime African experience for you.
Contact us at Peaks Of Africa and we can also book flights for you, that is your domestic flights in South Africa, inbound and outbound regional flights in Africa, from Southern, Central, East, West and North Africa, as well as international inbound and outbound flights.